This is the best stuff. I ate some stale the other day, and it was still good. Can’t-stop-eating good…
I’d never made caramel corn before and had no idea it was so easy. Here’s what you do:
- 1 gallon popped popcorn
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- Place popped popcorn on large, greased cookie sheet(s).
- Bring brown sugar, butter and syrup to a boil, and boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Pour over prepared popcorn and mix/toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Let cool, then break apart.
- Store in airtight container or bags.
I made this for my Spiked Caramel Popcorn Cupcakes, and the extra I put in a cup next to the cupcake stand was the first to go.